In order to have your music on the Apple Music platform, the only requirement is for you to have your music on iTunes already. If you’re distributing your music with MusicDigi, then you should be good to go!
In addition, artists will now be able to claim their profiles, by using the Apple Music Connect. Connect is Apple Music’s bridge between artists and fans. With Connect, artists can share songs, photos, lyrics, videos, and more. Fans can comment on, like, and share that content through Messages, Facebook, Twitter, and email.
Here are the steps to claim your Connect profile in the new Apple Music.
1. Visit the Apple Music Connect landing page.
2. Scroll down and find:
3. Click on the “Learn more about Connect for artists” link then on “Get started
4. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
5. Click on the “+” sign for adding an artist and search for your artist name
6. Select your role (artist, band member, manager) and fill out the fields. If you don’t have a manager or label, just enter your own information for both.
7. Click “Submit”
8. You will soon receive an email confirmation.
Once your submission is approved you can log back in and start updating your artist profile on Apple Music! Edits can only be made on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, or Mac.