We've put together some key things that you need to know about Musicdigi and how we stack up against our competitors.
CD BABY VS MUSICDIGI
- CDBaby lets you upload a single for $9.95 and $49.00 for albums. They also keep 9% of your sales revenue.
With MusicDigi, you will always keep 100% ownership of your music, and 100% of collected revenues.
The total cost for one single with CDBaby that generates $5,000 in sales: $9.95 + 9% of 5,000 = $459.95
The total cost for one single with MusicDigi that generates $5,000 in sales: $25 + 2.99 = $27.99 (You keep $5,000 because we take 0% of your revenues)
- CDBaby takes 30% commission for YouTube monetization, while MusicDigi takes 0% commission of your revenues from YouTube.
TUNECORE VS MUSICDIGI
- For an album, Tunecore charges $29.99 for the first year and $49.99 every year after that. Let's say you upload 10 albums: the cost will be $299 for the first year, and $499 every year after that. With MusicDigi, you only pay an annual membership fee of $25 and then a low flat rate of $2.99 per upload. We will never charge an annual fee per release.
- Tunecore charges $19.99 per year for ringtones. With MusicDigi, we only charge a one-time fee of $4.99 per ringtone.
- With YouTube monetization, Tunecore charges $10.00 and takes 20% commission, while MusicDigi takes 0% commission of your revenues from YouTube.
DISTROKID VS MUSICDIGI
- With MusicDigi, you can create as many artists as you want without an additional fee. With DistroKid, you are limited with the amount of individual artists you can have on your account, and their max is 100 artists, which will cost you around $1,199.99 a year. With MusicDigi, you can have 100 artists for free.
- DistroKid does not allow you to select “Album Only.” “Album Only” means that an individual can only buy a particular song if they purchase the entire album. MusicDigi's portal gives you the ability to select a track that you wish to make available for “Album Only”
- DistroKid only allows you to set a release date if you upgrade your plan. MusicDigi allows you to not only set your release date but, gives you the ability to add songwriter and producer credits, linear notes, and more to all your new releases, for free.
- With YouTube monetization, Distrokid charges $4.95 annually and takes 20% commission, while MusicDigi takes 0% commission of your revenues from YouTube.
- Plus, Distrokid does not distribute ringtones, but Musicdigi does.
With MusicDigi, you will always keep 100% of collected revenues and unlike most distributors who only pay with PayPal, with MusicDigi you can choose to receive royalty payments directly to your bank or PayPal account.
In addition, we’re one of the only distributors (if not THE only) to offer FREE "Spotify windowing" - this is an amazing service that lets you place your album exclusively on Spotify’s premium tier two weeks ahead of your official release date. Plus, we offer lots of exclusive features that make life easier for musicians.